As an Educate Together school:
* We value all children and the unique contribution that they offer to the school.
* We believe that all children learn best when they feel safe and are happy in school.
* We believe that respect underpins all of our relationships within school and with the outside world.
* We ensure that all pupils achieve their fullest potential and are fully prepared for the next stage of learning and life.
Our 4 core principles...
All children have equal rights of access to the school and children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds are equally respected
Article 14: Every child has the right to think and believe what they want and to practise their religion, as long as they are not stopping other people from enjoying their rights.
All children are encouraged to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities
Article 4: Governments must do all they can to make sure every child can enjoy their rights.
We always put the children at the heart of every decision and activity. If it is not in the interest of the children’s learning or welfare then why do it?
Article 3: The best interests of the child must be a top priority in all things that affect children.
We encourage active participation of parents, children and the community in the daily life of the school whilst positively affirming the professional role of the teachers
Article 12: Every child has the right to have a say in all matters affecting them, and to have their views taken seriously.
Educate Together affirms that:
1) Children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds have a right to an education that respects their individual identity whilst exploring the different values and traditions of the world in which they live.
2) Parents are entitled to participate actively in decisions that affect the education of their children.